Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best camera sensor ever, but no lenses tested after almost a year?  (Read 1195 times)
Max Dof

« on: January 17, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Dxo rates the D800/D800E higher than any other camera sensor.  You would think they would be interested to see how well various lenses perform with it.  It's now been almost a year since the camera's been released and, to date, they have tested only one lens with it; and the lens they chose to test?  A cheap Tamron.
Please, let's see some tests with the kinds of lenses a Nikon D800 user is likely to own.  Maybe even a Nikon lens...   
Start with a few decent primes, like the 16mm, 24mm, 60mm, 85mm f/1.4 105mm and/or 200mm.  Then a few of the decent zooms, like the 12-24mm, 14-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, and/or 200-400mm.
Any D800 owner will have one or more of those lenses in their kits.
It would be nice to know how my new D800E stacks up against the camera I upgraded from.  Just knowing how the sensor alone compares isn't all that useful, since I rarely shoot without a lens on my camera.
What do you say?
By the way, for those interested in whether the D800E produces moire in the real world:  I've shot over 4,000 photos on the D800E, including lot of shots with textiles and architecture, and so far, there's been zero moire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: