MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Author Topic: Best camera sensor ever, but no lenses tested after almost a year?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Max Dof

This a comment for this page on the website
Dxo rates the D800/D800E higher than any other camera sensor.  You would think they would be interested to see how well various lenses perform with it.  It's now been almost a year since the camera's been released and, to date, they have tested only one lens with it; and the lens they chose to test?  A cheap Tamron.
Please, let's see some tests with the kinds of lenses a Nikon D800 user is likely to own.  Maybe even a Nikon lens...   
Start with a few decent primes, like the 16mm, 24mm, 60mm, 85mm f/1.4 105mm and/or 200mm.  Then a few of the decent zooms, like the 12-24mm, 14-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, and/or 200-400mm.
Any D800 owner will have one or more of those lenses in their kits.
It would be nice to know how my new D800E stacks up against the camera I upgraded from.  Just knowing how the sensor alone compares isn't all that useful, since I rarely shoot without a lens on my camera.
What do you say?
By the way, for those interested in whether the D800E produces moire in the real world:  I've shot over 4,000 photos on the D800E, including lot of shots with textiles and architecture, and so far, there's been zero moire.

DxOMark - Internal Server Error

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Looks like something went wrong!
We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persists feel free to contact us. In the meantime, try refreshing.