Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikon D5200  (Read 1199 times)
kar guy

« on: January 21, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Sorry, this isn't particular to the sensor.  I hope Nikon/Toshiba is really able to control noise while upping the mexapixels.

I bought a D5100 in early 2012.  I tried it at the camera store and liked what I felt there.  It wasn't till I got it outside and went to use it "for real" that I noticed what would have been a deal-breaker: No Depth of Field Preview!  I have used a bunch of Nilons over the yars -- they all had a DOF preview button to the right of the lens mount.  A (D)SLR without a DOF preview?  Why would Nikon leave off this most useful feature?  They don't seem to have added it to the D5200.
JDT

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:35:28 AM »

Nikon removed the DoF preview button on the entry-level cameras dating all the way back to the D40. The D40/X, D50, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, all of these lack DoF preview. As a matter of fact it's not even an option to set to the Fn. button.

My best guess as to why the DoF preview is gone is that most people using entry-level cameras wouldn't use it. They would take a picture and look at the screen to judge DoF. Personally, I like DoF Preview and I use it all the time.

On Nikon's current lineup only the D90 and higher have DoF Preview options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: