Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikon D600 vs. Canon 5D Mark III  (Read 1462 times)
Grimbot

« on: May 05, 2013, 08:39:16 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
It will be very interesting when DxOMark publishes it's full D600 recommended lens review (it appears late as it was promised for the end of April?) to see how it performs against the Canon 5D Mark III....since the MP count between those two cameras is much closer than between the D800 and the 5D Mark III.

There is already some early evidence from DxOMark testing that the D600 outperforms the D4, D3, D3s and D3X and is very close to the D800 on certain lenses (for example in the recent Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II review).

I have been wondering if the full DxOMark lens tests with the D600 are going to show that the D600 delivers the best overall value in terms of overall DxOMark scores and sharpness scores. I know I've been blow away by the results I've been getting with my D600 and Nikon 70-200 f/4 VR.
H.W.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »

I guess you have seen it already. - The cat is out of the sack.- The D600 is definetly on the same level with the D800 and thus outperforms the Canon 5D Mark III.

Best example ist the DxO Mark value for the 85 mm primes. - The D800 and D600 reach values of 40 with the best lenses. - The Canon 5d Mark III's best value is at 35. 5 Points are quite a noticable difference in IQ, I suspekt.

And at that one should also take the price tag into account...

I'm extremely happy with my D600.

Yours,

Herbert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: