Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review including RAW conversion  (Read 546 times)
dcstep

« on: May 21, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I love your data and particularly value that lenses are reviewed in conjunction with camera bodies. I'm also a user of DxO Optics Pro for several years and sometimes use other Raw conversion products that include Digital Lens Optimization, such as Canon's Digital Photo Professional. Optics Pro and similar lens optimization programming included in Raw converters can make a huge difference in the final image quality of the images processed with them.

I'm frustrated that I can't see the lens performance rating after correction. I realize that's a huge can of worms, but digital lens correction and optimization is an important part of the digital imaging system (lens/camera/software). DxO has had a leadership position in this area for years, an yet I've never seen DxOMark apply its analysis to the corrected images of a lens/camera combination.

Don't you think that this would be very useful? Even if you do a limited sample, I think applying the quantitative analysis would be very informative, particularly when applied to a zoom lens.

I see this clearly in my own photography, particularly with my Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS. Without correction, that lens isn't anywhere near the same performance level as my EF 70-200mm f/4L IS or my EF 500mm f/4L IS. It's not even close, but after correction, the results are very good.

Best regards,

Dave Stephens
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »

Hello!

Thanks for your interest in DxOMark.

It is indeed a very interesting request. For now lens and camera measurements are only performed on RAW. We do not plan in a short future to perform test after raw conversion (our partner (DPReview or Focus Numérique do that).

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: