Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a pro lens  (Read 619 times)
Williamdorval

« on: May 22, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I own a nikon 24-70 and use it professionally.
I cannot recall a single time I need VR for it.
The Nikon is built like a truck and the lens quality is outstanding.
I am sure the Canon is the same.
I do not understand how the Nikon misses focus, as every shot needs composition and in that instant, the lens focuses.
When you spot focus and not have your camera set on 'professional' you do not have focus issues.
The Tamron has an extending pump barrel, a feature that sucks in dust.
A feature best reserved for lower use lenses.
I work in dusty environments so the Tamron would never make my short list.
I am sure the Tamron is a great lens, but not to be carried away by hype from users who may also be employees of Tamron.
sweeperdave

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »

I use both the Nikon and Tamron version of this lens in professional applications. I've used both to shoot stills and video. Typically I used the Nikon in the studio and indoors while I like the Tamron for outdoor shooting. I've found the Tamron to be the better overall lens for my needs overall. The only area where the Tamron comes in second to Nikon is corner sharpness wide open where the Nikon slightly bests the Tamron. But that has pretty much been a non-issue. I've pretty much settled on the Tamron. It's VR capability makes it far more versatile for me on both still and video and has enabled me to get more useable shots and footage. I've not found the pump action detrimental and I work in dusty environments. My last shoot involved an afternoon at two wineries and a horse stable. I didn't see sensor dust as an issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: