Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the review but ...  (Read 763 times)
Fredbare

« on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
You say that maybe the 70-200 plus the 300 F4 might be a better combination but what do you know that we don't? ;-)
The 300 F4 has not officially been tested by DXO and thus isn't there to compare.
Would be nice if you added this popular, affordable lens to your database.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:04:25 AM »

Hello!

That's a very relevant remark of yours.

It was only another option, let’s wait for the test to conclude.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
kconfer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »

At $2,700 this 80-400 mm AF-S VR is a significant outlay.

Up until two weeks ago, I owned the 300 f4 AF-S and TC-14E II and was extremely pleased with that combination for photographing the little one ounce birdies at 50 meters or better.

Sadly, my Father's Day present was to have my entire "kit" stolen, which included this 300 f4 AF-S and the TC-14E II teleconverter.

I'm looking for a replacement for the 300 f4 AF-S plus TC-14E II teleconverter combo, but I can't make that determination until DXOMark actually tests the 300 f4 AF-S.

The Nikon 300 f4 AF-s is still available new so I can't imagine why DXOMark hasn't tested it yet?

It also seems a thousand dollar less alternative to this new 80-400mm VR lens and might offer better reach (420 mm with 1.4 X teleconverter) and higher resolving power?

I can't imagine....but is there conspiracy at play here?  Does DXOMark receive something from Nikon to not test a great lenses that is also economical to "push" the new more expensive lenses?

Please test the aged but good 300 f4 AF-S so that we can make an informed decision as to whether or not to purchase this new 80-400 mm VR lens.

Please do so quickly as this lens should already be in your database due to it's age.

Your credibility suffers greatly with such an oversight....similar to the Nikon 12-24 f2.8 delay in testing.

Keith Confer
Anchorage, Alaska
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:18:38 AM by kconfer » Logged
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »

Hello!

Thanks for your interest in DxOMark.

A lot of Nikon telephoto primes will be published this summer but this one is not in the list, sorry.

We will have to add it in the road map.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: