Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss some...  (Read 626 times)
ajschot

« on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:56 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Hey guys,

What is alway the thing with this tests, which is a lot of times lately.
It looks like you guys have already favorites and push the 'test' in a direction.
Why al these really old rather crappy Tamrons? I mis the best ones! The VC versions are a lot better then these old versions of 2000 and 2004! Even if the have stabalisation and sometimes it does not work well because of the tripod or fast shutters speed, keep in mind you can always switch them off...

Then i mis a really versatile lens, the Sigma 50-500 OS HSM if you guys talk about reach in the intro you really have to put this one in the test because it has an amzing reach.
Also consider testing some of the faster lenses with tele converter.

I understand thatbit is a lot more work but with this short list I think you don't give the whole thing an objective look for readers.

Regards
Arend
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »

Hello!

Thanks for your comment.

HI Arend,

As you noticed it is a lot of work and we had to do some choices…
For this article we try to highlight some good value telephoto zoom.
In this article we reviewed a lot of high end telephoto prime (Canon and Sony) and we should publish some results of famous Nikon primes very soon.
Your remark about extender is very relevant but we won’t have time to measure it for now.
I you want to have an idea about the influence of an extender on image quality, have a look on our last review about the Canon EF200-400mm f/2.8 1.4x.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: