Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dxo mark score is a joke  (Read 1887 times)
Albundy

« on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Zeiss touit 12mm and Sel 20mm same score of 17 ... but completly differents conclusions :

Sel 20mm : "Optically it’s far from perfect" ... "A sharpness score of 10 P-Mpix is disappointingly low for lens tested on 24-megapixel sensor like the Sony NEX-7 and slight barrel distortion is noticeable"

Zeiss Touit 12mm : "The two new Touits from ZEISS live up to our expectations. While we’re unable to test these lenses on Fujifilm X-Series cameras currently, the results are likely to be very similar.  On the Sony NEX-7, both lenses are very good indeed, excellent even, ..."

And from my point of view has i have both, there is nothing to compare in quality terms between this 2 lenses.

My conclusion : DXO MARK SCORE IS A JOKE !!
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:43:53 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in DxOMark.

Both focal are different. Performing a similar score for a 12mm compared to a 20mm is a pretty good result for the Zeiss Touit.
About the 12mm Zeiss Touit, you can check the 12mm comparison http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/ZEISS-Touit-2.8-12-and-Touit-1.8-32-Sony-mount-lens-reviews-performance-at-a-price/ZEISS-Touit-2.8-12mm-vs-competition
There we pointed some weaknesses too such as chromatic aberration for instance.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: