Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: d7100 & 5200  (Read 809 times)
mikelanto

« on: July 20, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Without wanting to sound conspiratorial and seen the poor results of 3200 ... perhaps not desirable post?
mikelanto

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »

Poor? I should say pathetic
mangoja

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »

I hope you are not right, but that's why we need to see the test results. It is possible that for some reason DXoMark avoids posting the results. They choose to post lenses that cost $10,000 for Nikon, but not posting results for majority users for months. DXoMark is just asking to start questioning their integrity.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in DxOMark.

We are late. We try to assess the new cameras as first priority. And then we perform measurement on other high priority cameras.
As we already performed 2 Full Frame Nikon cameras, the APS-C Nikon camera is in our list but not at the top for now.
Other brand needs their first lens recommendation (we did not perfom the Olympus OM EM5 nor the Panasonic GH3)
The next lens recommendation will be:
-   Olympus OMD EM5 and Panasonic GH3 very soon
-   Pentax K50
-   Olympus PEN EP5
-   Nikon APS-C cameras
-   Nikon D800E

Some other new cameras could be included in this list when they will be announced and so add some delay for the publication of the older.

Sorry for that.
Stay tuned !
mikelanto

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »

Well, I do not think it very reassuring your answer for nikon aps users. The only data on perceptual mpx sensors mounted on new 24 megapixel nikon, fall short of the cameras eight years ago, with 6 or 8 sensors mpx ... What makes me question until your point is valid ranking of sensors in which the color depth, dynamic range and noise, seem the only items to keep in mind while solving capacity or mentioned: I do know that it depends largely to the lens, but clearly it should also be considered.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:19:28 PM by mikelanto » Logged
mangoja

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:52:14 PM »

Emilie, lets get real before you get to the Nikon D800e lens tests, there is going to be announcement for the new Nikon fx body. And, how much different the tests would be from D800, by half a point? By now, everybody in photography knows your web page, so instead of getting the web page on the wagon and provide the links to Adorama, Amazon, or have your own shop and get founds from it, so you can keep up with being pro-active with the lens and camera testing in timely manner keeping everybody happy you choose to sell software. As long as you keep your test results with integrity, it would make no difference to you what equipment sells. It's win-win situation-readers are happy and your are happy. If you keep up your work the way you do, you are always going to be behind no matter what you do. You step ahead or another web page will step forward with something you started first. From what you just said, we might be waiting for the Nikon D7100 lens tests for months again. Anyway, maybe I just expect too much from this web page. Thanks for the info about your future tests.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »

@Mikelanto: Results and maybe some answers to your question should be available in September… Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: