Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pentax Lens Tests  (Read 395 times)
dosdan

« on: August 24, 2013, 12:44:32 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I'd like to see the Sigma 70-200/F2.8 tested on a Pentax.  I have both Mk II non-OS version of this lens and a Pentax DA* 60-250/F4 and I continually switch between the two.

The 60-250 has weatherproofing, better range at both ends, less CA, and is lighter, but it extends so it's physically more bulky.

The 70-200 has an extra stop, does not extend so it's more compact, has a bit more CA, and I think it may be sharper. It also has a unpleasant character to the OOF background in some shooting situations. Look at the quality of the bokeh in this shot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51093924/K5_15351.jpg

I shoot junior sports with both, switching between them based on subject(s) composition (do I need shallow DOF or not), light level, shooting distance range for a particular event and the weather.

I still have  not been able to come to a decision about which one I prefer. I think a comparison between these two and the cheaper Pentax 55-300/f4-5.8 would be informative.

Dan.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:30 PM »

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback, we will try to complete our database in the next month. Feedboack from user is always very helpful. The Sigma 70-700mm f/2.8 are measured for Canon and Nikon camera, so you can check their results to have an idea of the lens quality.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: