Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sensor  (Read 570 times)
josa

« on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
What's wrong with Canon sensors? This is really insane!
Dom38

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »

No, this is not insane, my first comment just highlights the different strategies Canon and Nikon has adopted over the past few years (I do not know enough about the other brands to include them into the comparison). As a matter of fact, over the past few years Canon has put a lot of emphasis to improve the video features o semipro reflex camera while Nikon has continuously improved the features dedicated to photography (AF, flash control and image sensor performances). Let's remember when Nikon launch the D300 which has got an AF system inherited from the D3 while in the meantime Canon was providing outdated 7-collimator on the 40D & 50D bodies ! D300 presented huge lake regarding the video capabilities but Canon photographers have had to wait for several years to get something similar on their cameras (7D for instance) ... Similarly the remote flash control has been highly debated because Canon was not willing to provide this on body cameras while the ST-E2 was not fully obsolete while Nikon was providing it on their bodies for several years Angry I was thinking the 7D would be turning point regarding the Canon strategy because this body has filed numerous lakes accumulated over the past, but it is not since it will not be produced anymore and no replacement has been planned...
This illustrate that both brands have different strategy that was not so clear a few years ago. Now a customer should have to get this in mind when it decides to buy a camera body with some lenses. For a given budget, if its interest goes towards the video capabilities Canon is probably a good choice. Otherwise for seldom video use and user focused on expert photography I would recommend Nikon which currently provides better performances and the right technological choices (personally I prefer a better SNR rather than an improved live-view AF trough dual-sensor pixel).
Neither Canon nor Nikon is better, that is just a matter of choice regarding how the camera body will be used  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: