Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What about the Canon EF-S 15-85mm IS ?  (Read 643 times)
ShaunOtter

« on: September 04, 2013, 02:40:04 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Your site's reviews of Canon EF-S lenses is missing one of the most useful, versatile, and supposedly most high performance all-around lenses, the Canon 15-85mm IS .

That should be a great walk-around lens and is the widest Canon EF-S zoom to incorporate IS, very useful for all handheld video and many stills situations, too, of course.
As a pro newspaper photog, I appreciate our great 2.8 and/or L-series glass, but the 15-85mm complimented with one of the two nice 75-300mm IS options should be a great and relatively compact travel kit, especially for people who shoot handheld video or handheld low-light stills in slower subject situations. Perhaps add a 1.4/1.8 wide or normal prime (or two) for some trips.

It'll be interesting to see how the 15-85mm IS compares to the Canon 17-55mm IS and the others :)

Shaun Walker
Visual journalist, whitewater/sea kayaker
Photo Editor, The Times-Standard
Eureka, Calif., USA
http://www.tout.com/u/shaunwalkerusa
dovetail65

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »

The article states they checked 100 plus lens. The leaving off of a lens simply means it did not make the top ten. I assume the lens you mentioned is not a lens they recommend for this camera, not necessarily that they did not test it. At least thats  how I understand this site works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: