Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low light conditions  (Read 394 times)
JoelRichards

« on: September 18, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Reviews/Canon-EOS-70D-video-AF-test-how-well-does-the-new-sensor-based-AF-perform">this page on the website</a></div>Have to say I disagree with much of your assessment--mostly in the low-light test. It is almost as though you confused the two cameras. The Sony isn't almost as good as the Canon. The Canon is almost as good as the Sony! The Canon completely loses focus once and almost loses it AGAIN at the end.

The tracking tests are suspect because some of the issues could be with minimum focusing distance and lens particularities. Letting that go (because there are no STM-compatible lenses for BOTH systems) both the cameras exhibited issues, yet you seem more critical of the Sony. Why?

I agree what Canon has done is amazing. It really is and I am not a fan of their cameras. However, your conclusions show a really weird bias. In particular I watched that low-light test four times *trying* to see what you were seeing. Are you SURE you didn't confuse the two?!

EDIT: ditto on the focus breathing comment. BOTH cameras had an issue with focus breathing. Both. Again, why the bias? Yes, the article is about the Canon. That's why I read it. But why bring it up when they both clearly do it? Plus it is an aspect of the LENS not the camera/focus mechanism.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:19:18 PM by JoelRichards » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: