Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: give the zeiss 135mm some fair competitors...  (Read 1371 times)
gouche

« on: December 05, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
It's my first comment here and I admit I'm a noob. but I am curious about how other popular lenses like "Nikon 135mm f/2.0D AF DC" and "Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM" would score on DxOMark... and the "Sony SAL-135F18Z 135mm f/1.8" makes me even more curious. I hope DxOMark will soon add these lenses to their database and thanx for your great work so far...
Fernand Quartier

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »

Fully agree with the above, maybe a perfect excuse to do the maiden test with the A7R and the SAL-135F18Z 135mm f/1.8 A7R.

Many thanks to the Dxo team for the great work.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:43:54 AM »

Hello,

Welcome on this forum Smiley
Thanks for your interesting suggestion, these lenses are not the first priority (we try to assess all the new lens before working on legacy). But we make some exception too (check the Tokina 100mm review published last week). We will try to measure these lenses in 2014.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
ge0kas

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »

Yeah, please add comparison with king of bokeh
Nikon 135mm f/2 DC
Sophie
DxOMark Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and for your suggestion. We'll keep it in mind.

Best regards
gstadter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »

Does DXOMark publish anything on what might be up and coming?   sort of like a "roadmap"   I'm very curious as to whether availability of a review of Nikon 135mm F/2 DC is truly "in the works" or even planned, or still on the indefinite back burner?
thomas ooi

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

hi is dxomark lens best a test accurate? all the lens test is "best at f1.4\f2" wide open. dont most lenses get best sharpness and contrast when stop down more f5.6\f8?
Sophie

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »

hi is dxomark lens best a test accurate? all the lens test is "best at f1.4\f2" wide open. dont most lenses get best sharpness and contrast when stop down more f5.6\f8?

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your question and your interest in DxOMark. DxOMark score is computed for a challenging use case and takes every image quality aspect into account: noise, dynamic range, sharpness, transmission etc…. For the specific use case chosen, wide apertures have a major role in the limitation of noise. When sharp enough, lenses perform their best score at f/2 or wider.
The sharpest aperture is not provided in the score sheet but you can check the sharpness map. Most of the time the sharpest apertures are between f/2 and f/5.6 depending on the widest aperture available.

Hope this helps.
Sincerely
Sophie

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »

Does DXOMark publish anything on what might be up and coming?   sort of like a "roadmap"   I'm very curious as to whether availability of a review of Nikon 135mm F/2 DC is truly "in the works" or even planned, or still on the indefinite back burner?

Hi gstadter,
Thank you for this interesting suggestion, and for your interest in DxOMark. Road map tools already exist but your suggestion to update it is relevant and we will keep it in mind.

Sincerely
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: