Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GX1 is a big camera  (Read 3550 times)
darrask

« on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
"You have a reflex-quality sensor in camera of the same volume as a G11."
No you don't, the GX1 is much bigger than the G-series.
lightsabre

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Canon/PowerShot-G1X">this page on the website</a></div>"You have a reflex-quality sensor in camera of the same volume as a G11."
No you don't, the GX1 is much bigger than the G-series.

Define 'much bigger'

In these pictures from DPReview, they seem to be very close in size.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canong1x/images/Sidebyside.jpg

From the top view, The G1X even manages to have a thinner body than the G12, except for its slightly potruding lens.

This is amazing don't you think?
Stephen123

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »

If you ignore the depth for comparison purposes, the G1X is 10% larger in width x height.  If you don't count the lens it is thinner. So, not counting the lens it probably is similar in volume.  With the lens it is 35% deeper.

Also, the G1X is 33% heavier than the G12.  On the other hand it does seem like a really nice camera.
kdsand

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »

Seems as if retractable lens could be a necessity in order to keep the overall size down.
Even if its bigger than rest o g series it must still be very portable compared to dslrs.
Until there's actual field reviews  and I have it in my own hands to try I know its all speculation on my part. Still I have to wonder if slightly faster glass would make a big impact. Perhaps if this model is well received Canon would make the follow up a bit faster.

While the price may or may not be to high it does give me pause. I can get some nice glass with that $$$.

I love what I'm seeing though.

Lol just thought "make bigger, stronger, faster and better" wasn't that like the old six million dollar man theme?
:-)
citrix789

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:18:57 AM »

good luck getting a zoom lens faster than f2.8?  Even on their professional lenses, the fastest is 2.8.  The cost to get a zoom lens faster than 2.8 is huge.  It'll never happen on a point & shoot
darrask

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »

Sorry, late answer, there seems to be no automatic notification of messages.
OK, GX1 is not "much bigger", but only "bigger" than the G-series, but then again these are only my terms. However saying that they have the same volume is false as well.
ronaldmartin917

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »

I'm not that familiar with the GX1 camera, But the Canon G12 model is very familiar to me actually I have one. By the way I've checked on the link of lightsabre but it's not working.... the page is not found.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: