Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D90 too much appraised?  (Read 1630 times)
LCN

« on: February 04, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I've been a Nikon user since many years. But somehow the concept D90 could not please me from the right start, I'm rather disappointed in this camera. The whole Nikon APS/C range including lenses is very commercial and margin driven. This type of cameras appeal to people that believe somehow in the DSLR because their father told so or even buy it as a kind of status symbol, but are no real photographers and don't want to/can spend as much money as the professionals really do. The result is that you get some kind of moderate compromise. With far too many amateur - read not necessary and even annoying features. Only the too complicated settings of the AF can easily bring you in serious trouble if you're not fully understanding what this is doing. Don't think that a D90 will ever beat a Canon 5D or a 7D. I recently bought an X100 - even such a small camera is able to produce images that surpass the D90 IQ very easily. There's always something 'soft' in the D90 pictures, even with sharpening put to 9. Some will say it are my lenses: I fully agree. Take in mind that DX-lenses are not really high end as the FX-ones, neither made to last a few generations. It's cheap plastic with some glass in it and over a few years, they lose precision and collect dust inside whatever you do to avoid it. I miss the Nikon and glass as they were back in the 70's: made to live forever.
morjice

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »

I agree with you that DX lenses are not really high-end as the FX are. I only have two lenses on my D90 : one 50mm f1.8G (FX) and a 35mm f1.8G (DX) and guess what ? I saw a real difference when I open at 1.8 : unusable with the 35mm.
By the way, comparing the Fuji X100 with the D90 as no sense : there is 4 years of technology between them !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: