Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overkill of MP  (Read 2509 times)
funniq

« on: February 08, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Beautiful camera, but for me personally the 36MP seems a bit of an overkill. But may be we have to think out of the box and is 36MP in a few years standard?? I assume many people have to buy a new computer as well ;-)

Like you stated in your article, I am very curious about the performance and image quality of this camera. We'll have to wait until March :) ...

Good luck with the testing and thank you so much in advance for your appreciated work!

Kind regards,
André
Mescalamba

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »

It can be bit problematic to process 36 mpix RAW at full resolution, but depending on intended use its no issue to downsize it to 12 mpix and process after that.

Tho storing 36 mpix RAWs with current price for HDD can be issue..

But if you consider there are 80 mpix digital backs out there, some ppl already did that, so its possible. Cheesy If you have enough money..
fishnose

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »

Fast computers and large HDDs are cheap these days, compared to even just a couple of years ago. That's the least of our problems.
BeepBeep2

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »

Fast computers and large HDDs are cheap these days, compared to even just a couple of years ago. That's the least of our problems.
Mescalamba was talking more about the inflated prices due to supply restrictions from the flooding in Thailand. Of course, prices are recovering...

Camera: D5100 + kit 18-55, 55-300mm ED VR
Prints: Canon Pro9000 Mark II
fishnose

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »

I buy HDDs all the time, I've seen no inflation in prices.
BeepBeep2

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »

I buy HDDs all the time, I've seen no inflation in prices.
Uhh, I build computers and there definitely has been, for the last year now HDDs have been 30 to 100% higher in price than they were before.

Camera: D5100 + kit 18-55, 55-300mm ED VR
Prints: Canon Pro9000 Mark II
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: