Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is D7000 overkill?  (Read 1274 times)
Simen1

« on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:18 AM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Nikon/D800">this page on the website</a></div>D800 have the same pixel density as D7000. I dont think thats overkill. D800 will just offer wider images at the same pixel density with the same optics. Safari photographers would not need a D7000 backup camera to get closter to the subject compared to using the D700.

I guess the D800 will offer significantly less ISO noise (amount) then the D700, when comparing prints and full screen images on screen. In addition to less amount of noise the noise will be more fine grained and problably look smoother in prints and full screen viewing. Think fine sand vs coarse sand.

If you dont like the improved crop capabilities, try pixel binning 2*2 pixels with D800E. Despite lower pixel count i think i could be sharper then D700 images due to no AA filter. High ISO would probably be a lot better then the D700.

Large files are a backdraw that impacts speed, storage capasity and probably battery capasity in #pictures. You just have to be more patient both when shooting, transfering and editing images. About 50% more patient compared to D3x, and 3 times more compared to D700.

DR are probably better then both D7000 and D3x. That could mean a new over all high score.

Btw. How is the formula to calculate the overall score from the sub scores?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:31:54 AM by Simen1 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: