Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will we see NX200 results?  (Read 4528 times)
viking79

« on: March 13, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

I am hoping to see NX200 sensor test results soon.  It seems like a great new sensor and it would be nice to see how it compares to the excellent Sony 16 MP and new 24 MP sensors, since it sits right in between the two at 20 MP.

Thanks, and keep up the great work,

Eric
evilthought

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:13:42 AM »

It's pretty pointless to post anything here. No one from Dxomark would even bother to respond, if they even read the forums.

This forum is a joke.
axel
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »

Hi,

We don't have any answer yet about when the measures of the NX200 will be available.
Indeed, the Samsung sensor is pretty special and requires quite some additional analysis to ensure the quality of the results. And,  currently our lab is fully occupied with all the new cameras coming out.

Axel
Mescalamba

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

It's pretty pointless to post anything here. No one from Dxomark would even bother to respond, if they even read the forums.

This forum is a joke.

They do answer sometimes. Tho NX200 really isnt that interesting as D800 or 5DMK3. And maybe they have issues with measuring something, cause it has same issue as NEX-7. Thick cover glass preventing it from getting decent resolution results at corners and causing color shifts with wide-angles. Funny thing is that it has effect even on their native lens.. (sharpness drop, not color shifts).
delosj

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:47:12 PM »

With the update to v 1.04 firmware, it appears that the bitrate has changed from 14 to 12 bits. I hope any testing will be done using v 1.04. It would be very helpful for some to see results at 12 and 14 bit.
viking79

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »

With the update to v 1.04 firmware, it appears that the bitrate has changed from 14 to 12 bits. I hope any testing will be done using v 1.04. It would be very helpful for some to see results at 12 and 14 bit.

From other forums it appears the camera has always been 12 bits.  The values of the pixels in the RAW files only ranged from 0-4095 (12 bits), even if it said 14 bit.  I think they just corrected the value to indicate 12 bits.

Using 1.04 is a nice upgrade for me, noticeably smaller RAW files and improved buffer performance (about 20-25% smaller files, and that much improvement in buffer performance as well).
szygzy

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »

I hope it is soon now.  There has been a line for 2 months now saying the camera will be tested and reviewed in that month (April, May) at least--it's almost the end of May and still no results.  I am very curious, and this is frustrating!
Mescalamba

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »

I dont think DxO is exactly fond of Samsung cameras, that might be why. Smiley Or Samsung didnt supplied cameras at all.

They could now just test at least NX20, which is somewhat interesting camera. Samsung is bit problematic for test cause they perform quite a bit of "SW" magic in camera even with RAWs (something like Pentax).
szygzy

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »

I dont think DxO is exactly fond of Samsung cameras, that might be why. Smiley Or Samsung didnt supplied cameras at all.

Obviously it isn't that they had no access to a camera. Perhaps my first message was not clear?  In April, and now in May (for a few more hours) if you look at their info on the NX200, you see a line that says:

"This product will be tested and reviewed on May on dxomark.com. Stay tuned by subscribing to our newsletter. "

In April it said April.  They clearly have access to a camera, and have or at least had (in April and May) some intention of testing it.  Since the NX20 and the other new models have been said to have the same sensor, it would still be relevant, and at the moment there are some great deals going on the NX200, so it is still relevant to possible purchasers as well. 

I am just wondering if they will change it in a day or two to say

This product will be tested and reviewed on June on dxomark.com. Stay tuned by subscribing to our newsletter.

or will give up on it and delete it, or (maybe) actually post a review!
explorer76

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:05 AM »

Will we ever see this review ? Smiley If not then maybe just post a note that you will not do it. At least that way we will know not to look for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: