Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expected: Camera Sensor Ratings of the Canon 5D Mark III  (Read 3062 times)
eireann

« on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Looking forward to see the Camera Sensor Ratings of the Canon 5D Mark III before I decide if I want to buy the Nikon D800 or the Canon 5D Mark III.
Nikon here in Singapore always puts up some supply / strategy issues here in Singapore while Canon is more straight forward and easier to get.
boels069

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:09:55 AM »

Don't look at the overall ratings!

The 5DmarkII has a high rating for sports (low light capability) and we all know the 5DmarkII autofocus is not especially good for that kind of use.

Dynamic range as specified by DxO (nothing wrong with that) has no meaning in the real world.
The ability to lighten shadows does not improve the dynamic range of a screen or print presentation.

It's an opportunity for artistic interpretations of the real world (also nothing wrong with that).
karllouis

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »

don't rely on dxo only.
i am sad to say that i question the dxo results for the dIII.
"profifoto" germany has different results.

karl louis photography
www.karllouis.com
MikeWhis

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:55:11 AM »

To me, DxOMark has the most reliable datas. But please don't select cameras based on those scores, instead, look into the charts, they give you a better representation how good a sensor is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: