Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your complain about D650 Aaron?  (Read 2361 times)
Hakeem

« on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
This camera is pack of features, 18MP is already huge size, and high enough for resolution if your good quality prime lenses can provide.

Hybrid AF in LiveView and Movie mode, gonna be more precise compare to CAF in m43 and other systems.

IQ: no one is aware of, so you can't complain about something you never know

Tild and swival high res LCD that touchable.

Really want to know what bothors you so much :D

Hakeem - A Soft Coder
@ Flickr
Pany GH1, GF3, Oly Pen-EP1, XZ-1, Nikon D5100
Interested in Sony A580, Nikon J1
Waiting for Oly XZ-2, Pany GH3, Nikon D800/ Canon 5D-III
ronnbot

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »

"Hybrid AF in LiveView and Movie mode, gonna be more precise compare to CAF in m43 and other systems."

Not really. Current CDAF in m4/3 and other mirrorless is very accurate. The hybrid AF in the new Canons plus the new lenses with stepper motors is meant to increase AF speed in liveview and movie mode. Alas, Canon's CDAF/liveview still lags m4/3:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/08/15/Video-tests-of-the-Canon-EOS-650d-rebel-t4i-hybrid-autofocus-system

Not only that, all m4/3 lenses are CDAF optimized and most are movie friendly, i.e quiet focusing.
Hakeem

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:50:24 PM »

ronnbot, I agree with you ..
but please check the date when i posted, it was based on hybrid AF system working in other cameras and their precision and functionality in Continuous AF modes. Later AF tests on various review sites confirms 650D implementation is not mature yet.

Hakeem - A Soft Coder
@ Flickr
Pany GH1, GF3, Oly Pen-EP1, XZ-1, Nikon D5100
Interested in Sony A580, Nikon J1
Waiting for Oly XZ-2, Pany GH3, Nikon D800/ Canon 5D-III
AaronMC

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

Bit behind the curve, here. This is the first I have seen of this thread.

Canon annoys me because they charge lots of money for old technology. They aren't pushing anything forward. They aren't innovating. This made me actively angry because I was invested in the Canon system, making jumping systems difficult.

I waited for years, hoping that Canon would find the mojo that made them the go-to digital SLR company for the better part of the 2000's. It was all for naught. Speeds remain the same, lenses are the same, ISO performance is the same. WIth more and more of our cameras turning to solid-state technologies, this should be a era of immense innovation and change in imaging tools. Smaller, better, faster, stronger, etc.

I shoot photos at parties a lot. When I can get DOUBLE the ISO performance out of a Nikon or Sony as from a Canon, that's a big deal.

But that's beside the point. The 650D and every camera the company has released is indicative of an arrogant company who thinks that people who are already invested in the system will simply continue to buy the SAME DAMNED CAMERA, year after year, for the same high prices.

Well I'm not. As I mentioned, I got tired of waiting. I sold my Canon stuff, never to return.

If you've got pants on, you're doing alright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: