Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Blind?  (Read 1873 times)
WildLandscapes

« on: June 23, 2012, 11:06:26 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
D800 is a great camera but one must be absolutely blind not to see that noise level is ok up about ISO 1600- definitely is worst than what can do both D4 and 5DIII. DxOMark tests are completely irrelevant – do not take them seriously. Either the number 800 (and a few others) make a magic in there eyes or they get paid by Sony/Nikon dealers. 

I'm really sorry for you DxoMark guys; I'm not going to visit your web anymore and going to turn all my friend of you.
gnnyman

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »

It is very clear that a camera which incorporates a sensor with about 4 Micron pixel pitch reveals more noise than one with a 6 Micron pitch - to compare the performance of the firmware and electronics of the camera one must compare comparable pixel dimensions.
Second - every test is a subjective temporary verdict about one or few items - and not a general statement about anything else than: What I have seen at that time with that specific item applying specific testing methods which I have selected for that purpose - which means you can test something and another tester does the same test and gets different results. That's why you should never rely on any singular test result - read as many as you can find and then draw your own conclusion. I am writing test reports myself and use DXO Analyzer as well as the IE Analyzer and to top it also the system of Norman Koren - all three come usually up with some differences in performance. My approach is then to compare those results and come to a conclusion by integrating all results as good as possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: