DxOMark - Internal Server Error

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Looks like something went wrong!
We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persists feel free to contact us. In the meantime, try refreshing.

Author Topic: Are You Blind?  (Read 3556 times)

Offline WildLandscapes

Are You Blind?
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:06:26 pm »
This a comment for this page on the website
D800 is a great camera but one must be absolutely blind not to see that noise level is ok up about ISO 1600- definitely is worst than what can do both D4 and 5DIII. DxOMark tests are completely irrelevant – do not take them seriously. Either the number 800 (and a few others) make a magic in there eyes or they get paid by Sony/Nikon dealers. 

I'm really sorry for you DxoMark guys; I'm not going to visit your web anymore and going to turn all my friend of you.

Offline gnnyman

Re: Are You Blind?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:32 am »
It is very clear that a camera which incorporates a sensor with about 4 Micron pixel pitch reveals more noise than one with a 6 Micron pitch - to compare the performance of the firmware and electronics of the camera one must compare comparable pixel dimensions.
Second - every test is a subjective temporary verdict about one or few items - and not a general statement about anything else than: What I have seen at that time with that specific item applying specific testing methods which I have selected for that purpose - which means you can test something and another tester does the same test and gets different results. That's why you should never rely on any singular test result - read as many as you can find and then draw your own conclusion. I am writing test reports myself and use DXO Analyzer as well as the IE Analyzer and to top it also the system of Norman Koren - all three come usually up with some differences in performance. My approach is then to compare those results and come to a conclusion by integrating all results as good as possible.