Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And Now We Know  (Read 1610 times)
AaronMC

« on: September 24, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I'm glad to finally have these results. I hope that you guys don't get swamped with work again and are able to test the GH3 very soon, because I find it to be the more exciting m4/3 camera.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed with the color depth and DR numbers. Obviously, I would have never expected ISO numbers to match the APS-C models, but I was hoping for closer readings on the other two variables.

Still, for me, this signifies more than anything else that Olympus has STOPPED MESSING AROUND. They spent three years producing shit, and they have finally given us the m4/3 camera they should have made when they originally produced the E-P1.

I am very, very happy for that.

If you've got pants on, you're doing alright.
Hakeem

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:50:05 PM »

Yes Aaron, agreeable, I think after seeing D600 results, I believe DXOMark team can produce results on GH3 quick.

Hakeem - A Soft Coder
@ Flickr
Pany GH1, GF3, Oly Pen-EP1, XZ-1, Nikon D5100
Interested in Sony A580, Nikon J1
Waiting for Oly XZ-2, Pany GH3, Nikon D800/ Canon 5D-III
jyhfeei

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Olympus/OM-D-E-M5">this page on the website</a></div>

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed with the color depth and DR numbers. Obviously, I would have never expected ISO numbers to match the APS-C models, but I was hoping for closer readings on the other two variables.

If the ISO speed for the OMD is off by a stop, I think the noise rating from DXO makes sense (relative to other site data).  However, the color depth and DR still seem too low.  Even with the stop difference in ISO, other sites have the OMD sensor neck and neck with the NEX cameras and completely dominating the RX100 sensor.  Yet DXO has the OMD neck and neck with the 1", RX100 sensor.  I don't know if I buy it.

One thing that is not explained in the review are the reasons for the months delay in results.  Previously, there were "anomalies" with the data.  What is special about these results?  The ISO issue should not trip up DXO by their testing methods.  Nothing explained, as usual.
DXOMARK

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

Yeah ...  I agree.

I smell something fishy.

Hope DXOMArk can explain WHY they drag and delay the test result of OMD EM5 and yet able to produce the test result for Nikon D600 within days of her launch ? !

Most likely they will remain silent as their reason will be something not honorable nor of integrity.

Huh Undecided Embarrassed

cocute

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »

Olympus They spent three years producing shit,
Olympus did not have much to blame,
the fault was Panasonic sensors = shit
Hakeem

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

jyhfeei and DXOMARK all we can do is speculate here, lets see what DXOMark says, or lets see if they really care about their readers/fans?!?

@cocute no they were not shit  Cheesy they are still better than compacts and maybe Sensor 1 but you can say they were not as good as Sony's recent bread of APSC cameras. Results from Pany GH1 and GH2 were quite reasonable otherwise, for many. Lets see how they perform with GH3!

Hakeem - A Soft Coder
@ Flickr
Pany GH1, GF3, Oly Pen-EP1, XZ-1, Nikon D5100
Interested in Sony A580, Nikon J1
Waiting for Oly XZ-2, Pany GH3, Nikon D800/ Canon 5D-III
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: