Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D650 and siblings  (Read 2260 times)
uksnapper

« on: October 08, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
Sensors are now pretty damn good,have been for a long time and unless you are shooting in outrageously bad conditions they will out perform you.
I suggest that better lenses are now far more of an issue as even the best of lenses have faults and the modestly priced  lenses are almost unusable on the cameras with better sensors.
AaronMC

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

I disagree.

I have a multitude of cameras, and even in mildly difficult environments, I bump up against ALL of my APS-C gear's abilities. At parties, ISO 4000-6400 is common, and even the Pentax K-5 produces images that are pretty smudgy at that level.

My photos get easier and better with every generation. I agree that some time in the future, all sensors will be good enough. That day is not today, though.

If you've got pants on, you're doing alright.
Hakeem

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Canon/EOS-650D">this page on the website</a></div>Sensors are now pretty damn good,have been for a long time and unless you are shooting in outrageously bad conditions they will out perform you.
I suggest that better lenses are now far more of an issue as even the best of lenses have faults and the modestly priced  lenses are almost unusable on the cameras with better sensors.

Lenses are definately the top issue at this moment, Canon being quite strong at that end; but you can't simply ignore the Sensor performance. Outcome on Canon 650D is really bad. I mean things are not very clear on DXOMark website but if you look at dpreview on all ISO settings, you will see Nikon D5100 is beating  Canon D650 with huge margins. Even ISO 800 is quite noisy for my liking.

Having said that, I was not really expacting much from 650D, I had this kind of impression Canon won't make any progress on APSC sensors on quality (improvements are on the other grounds) and DXOMark score will be disappointing (fairly) as they are more focused on FF. They are projecting 650D to people who just want a smaller and lighter body to go with their existing professional gear, or someone at beginer's level, who don't go to review websites.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i/26

Hakeem - A Soft Coder
@ Flickr
Pany GH1, GF3, Oly Pen-EP1, XZ-1, Nikon D5100
Interested in Sony A580, Nikon J1
Waiting for Oly XZ-2, Pany GH3, Nikon D800/ Canon 5D-III
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: