Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can not believe  (Read 2860 times)
Palen

« on: November 01, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
If you follow the results of this page, a Nikon D5100 is better than a 5DMarkIII, and is at the same level of a 1DX or medium format cameras, is incredible, this more than a house of analysis seems the advertising company Nikon & Sony. More and more voices are raised against the results of this website. Nikon camera you use images to promote your software. Interestingly most professional photographers lining the 500px sales, and have a great reputation ignore these results and continue to use mostly Canon or HB for their customers. I am also disappointed with the fact that now you may become responsible for the analysis Dpreview.com lenses, Nikon surely be the best in reverse of what everyone already knows. Kind regards.
lumpycustard

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »

I think you'll find it's around the other way.  Canon is a marketing powerhouse - they probably spend more advertising than Nikon even makes in a year.  This is the #1 reason why everyone wants Canon cameras.  When the company with the biggest marketing budget also uses the best sensors then DXOmark will no longer go against the grain. 

The objective results here do have real-world implications.  Take a D5100 and a 7D out at sunset and the dynamic range difference is immediately obvious.  You'll also find that you have to put the 7D to bed half an hour earlier.  It's really no surprise to read the figures on this site if you use both cameras together.

Finally, the one thing everyone agrees on is that individual results are more useful than 'overall score'.  For example the 5DmkIII absolutely smokes the D5100 in noise, which is what you'd expect.  The overall score is too dependent on the weighting given to each category.  For example Canon doesn't seem to value dynamic range whereas this DXOmark weights it quite heavily.
fishnose

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »

I think you'll find it's around the other way.  Canon is a marketing powerhouse - they probably spend more advertising than Nikon even makes in a year.  This is the #1 reason why everyone wants Canon cameras.  When the company with the biggest marketing budget also uses the best sensors then DXOmark will no longer go against the grain. 

The objective results here do have real-world implications.  Take a D5100 and a 7D out at sunset and the dynamic range difference is immediately obvious.  You'll also find that you have to put the 7D to bed half an hour earlier.  It's really no surprise to read the figures on this site if you use both cameras together.

Finally, the one thing everyone agrees on is that individual results are more useful than 'overall score'.  For example the 5DmkIII absolutely smokes the D5100 in noise, which is what you'd expect.  The overall score is too dependent on the weighting given to each category.  For example Canon doesn't seem to value dynamic range whereas this DXOmark weights it quite heavily.

+1
Palen

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »

Read reviews of this analysis, and search the web, Nikon DxOLabs favors. Not me, says many people, just look in google. And no one in the world to see the results of this house, just put a number, any sample image, and explain how they obtained the result of that test through the images. Result is a completely opaque, and put consumer cameras above the best professionals, gentlemen, this is completely unbelievable and untrue.

Examples:

Is it better a Nikon D800 for landscapes that a Phase One IQ180 Digital Back? The answer is NO, no way.

Is it better a Nikon D5100 a 5DmarkII for landscapes? The answer is NO.

And for portraits, are matched? NOT.

Is the Nikon D800 ISO performance better than 5DMarkIII? It is also false, in fact the Nikon is worth to cover sporting events, I know professionals who have confirmed.

I could go on with a long list of scores that are out of logic but I have work, each buy what you want.

P.S. Forgive the possible lack of writing, use a translator.
qbic

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »

Examples:

Is it better a Nikon D800 for landscapes that a Phase One IQ180 Digital Back? The answer is NO, no way.

You just does not understand results posted on DxO.

There is no score for total resolution resolved by IQ180 vs D800. D800 sensor score is higher because it has better efficiency in light gathering (QE) - that's all.
ag08025

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Canon/EOS-1Dx">this page on the website</a></div>If you follow the results of this page, a Nikon D5100 is better than a 5DMarkIII, and is at the same level of a 1DX or medium format cameras, is incredible, this more than a house of analysis seems the advertising company Nikon & Sony. More and more voices are raised against the results of this website. Nikon camera you use images to promote your software. Interestingly most professional photographers lining the 500px sales, and have a great reputation ignore these results and continue to use mostly Canon or HB for their customers. I am also disappointed with the fact that now you may become responsible for the analysis Dpreview.com lenses, Nikon surely be the best in reverse of what everyone already knows. Kind regards.

I totally agree with you. We hope that DPReview not get too influenced by DxO for the verification of lenses if not, suddenly, our Canon lenses will become bad bottle bottoms.
ag08025

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 06:58:34 AM »

<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Canon/EOS-1Dx">this page on the website</a></div>If you follow the results of this page, a Nikon D5100 is better than a 5DMarkIII, and is at the same level of a 1DX or medium format cameras, is incredible, this more than a house of analysis seems the advertising company Nikon & Sony. More and more voices are raised against the results of this website. Nikon camera you use images to promote your software. Interestingly most professional photographers lining the 500px sales, and have a great reputation ignore these results and continue to use mostly Canon or HB for their customers. I am also disappointed with the fact that now you may become responsible for the analysis Dpreview.com lenses, Nikon surely be the best in reverse of what everyone already knows. Kind regards.

The problem is that DxO in the general assessment gives the weight of each item in a non-uniform but shifts the weights of individual items at will: to promote NIKON.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: