Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D800 vs D600  (Read 1917 times)
Rogerio Medeiros

« on: November 06, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »

This a comment for this page on the website
I am considering one of these cameras. I have read many reviews but none has given a definitive answer to image enlargement. I intend to print the files at 40X60 to 40X80, with interpolation, of course. It seems, from what I read, that a minimal camera shake, even from the mirror movement might not reveal the extra resolution of the sensor. Besides the array of lenses suited to work with the D800 in order to bring out all of its qualities seems to be rather limited and expensive. Ultimately will the 30% increase in pixel count make such a big difference for the print sizes I'm aiming at?
fishnose

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »

The D800 is an exceptional camera in all situations. I use it for everything, including fast action, as well as for live evening performances without flash at iso 6400. Hand held in all situations. No shake troubles at all. And the images look great.
As long as you have reasonably disciplined technique, it's not any more 'difficult' to use than other cameras.

That said, the D600's 24MP is a LOT. Just think - the highest resoluton DSLR in the world was 24MP until just a year ago (D3x) - so the D600 will do a fantastic job. And it has a far better sensor than the D3x, it's much faster, has better iso etc....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: