Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test series 1 lenses vs FX & DX Nikkor lenses with the FT-1 adapter  (Read 1105 times)
spanishflyer

« on: December 20, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »

This a comment for this page on the website
We have seen the test results of both types of lenses FX/DX and the Series 1 lenses on their respective sensors or cameras, but in my opinion it would be great if we could get a comparison test for both the DX/FX lenses installed on the Nikon V1/V2 by means of Nikons FT-1 adapter and se how they compare with the native series 1 lenses. Taking into consideration the fact that due to the huge 2.7 crop factor the CX sensor of the series 1 cameras have, it would be very interesting to see how well the 30-110 VR does for example with the 15-105 VR of the DX series with the mentioned FT-1 adapter on the same CX sensor. In theory since on the DX/FT-1 set we only use the center of the lens image, we could find that the aberrations, vignetting and other radial aware defects found on such a lens are left out of the equation, giving as a result a better overall quality picture. For that matter how about the result of a 300 f/1.4 VR2 image as seen in the V1 CX sensor compared to the cropped-to-size portion on a D4 sensor? I bet in both cases we would find interesting results due to the very different behaviour of the CX and FX sensors and the fact that on the CX sensor be are only using the better part of the image produced by such a terrific lens.

Thank you,

Spanish Flyer
Wade Tregaskis

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:52:42 AM »

I also would like to see this.  I use the 18-105, 50/1.8 (AF-S) and 55-300 via the adapter, and it certainly seems to me that there's advantages all round - no vignetting at all, barely any chromatic aberration, and an arguable increase in sharpness.  This seems to match the comparison results (when you scale the DX sensor results to take account for the cropped size), but I'd still like to see an honest head-to-head test.
Emilie_DxOMark
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

Hello!

Thanks for your interest in DxOMark.

For now it was not planned because we feel that FX/DX lenses are too large and heavy for Nikon1 series. The real advantage for Nikon 1 camera is compactness. But it is an interesting proposition.

Best regards,

The DxOMark team
Wade Tregaskis

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

I've also used the new AF-S 80-400 on a Nikon 1 V1.  A co-worker uses the 300/f4 on one.  The high crop ratio makes these useful with big lenses, regardless of the body size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: