MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Forum Twitter Facebook Google + RSS

Author Topic: Uncompressed RAW update and lens testing-- When?  (Read 2265 times)

Offline tayne

Uncompressed RAW update and lens testing-- When?
« on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
This a comment for this page on the website
Will you be doing an update to your DXO numbers with the new RAW update for the a7rII. Also there are currently no lenses tested with this new model. It would be great to see how the lenses stack up on this new body. Their have been several new lenses released and I use your numbers to help me decide which fit my needs. Thanks for all your hard work it is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tayne

Offline moses b

Re: Uncompressed RAW update and lens testing-- When?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:03:32 am »
I too would like too see some lens results for this camera--as would many others. It's quite disappointing that the camera with the best sensor score still doesn't have such tests. Many people do depend upon DxO in making critical lens selections.

Offline Sophie - DxOMark

• Administrator
Re: Uncompressed RAW update and lens testing-- When?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:17:47 pm »
<div id="linkdxomark">This a comment for <a href="http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Sony/A7R-II">this page on the website</a></div>Will you be doing an update to your DXO numbers with the new RAW update for the a7rII. Also there are currently no lenses tested with this new model. It would be great to see how the lenses stack up on this new body. Their have been several new lenses released and I use your numbers to help me decide which fit my needs. Thanks for all your hard work it is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tayne

Hi all,
Retesting all devices would be too time consuming, which is why we never retest cameras, lenses or mobiles, unless the test unit was deficient, leading to inaccurate results. This also ensures the normalization of our measurements. For your information, we are currently working on the Sony A7R II lens recommendations, but I unfortunately cannot provide you with any precise publication date at the moment. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards