MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Forum Twitter Facebook Google + RSS

Author Topic: Nikon VS Sony  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Fotograf

Nikon VS Sony
« on: December 17, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »
This a comment for this page on the website
Hi,

I have the Sony A6000, yesterday bought the Nikon D5300 because I finally decided to have some better optics.
So, I bought the 18-35 1.8 Sigma and 85mm 1.8 Nikon lenses as suggested by you:
http://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Best-lenses-for-the-Nikon-D5300-Part-1-concise-overview-of-primes-and-zooms

I am dissapointed, the Sigma 60mm for Sony NEX/Alpha is SO MUCH SHARPER than both of the lenses for Nikon.

How could this be possible? What's going on? Can I send you some sample photos?

I spent 1500€ just because of your recommendations believing I was going to get something REALLY GOOD.

Well, there is the possibility the equipment is defective, but not ALL THREE (camera and two lenses).

Tested the Sigma 18-35mm on all apertures, lowlight/plenty of light (never sharper than the Sony Sigma at all apertures, focal length taken into consideration) - Nikon also (never sharper than the Sony Sigma even at F7 which was the sharpest setting for the Nikon lens).

Also, tried all different camera settings...

Is there any way I could mail you sample photos?

Regards.

Offline rdeleonp

Re: Nikon VS Sony
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:48:50 am »

Offline ph4vn

Re: Nikon VS Sony
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:00:34 am »
Sony's jpeg engine relatively better so jpeg image out of camera looks sharper. For real camera test you should be looking at RAW files and see how much details it has. DXO tests with raw files and scores are based on that. I have same Nikon D5300 with sigma 18-35 and also Nikon 85mm and they tack sharp after I do post processing using lightroom/photoshop. I am simply blown away by image quality. I don't have A6000 to compare so can't comment on A6000 but by looking at RAW output of that studio test of dpreview link posted, I can definitely say from D5300/Sigma you can get much sharper than a6000.

DxOMark - Internal Server Error

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Looks like something went wrong!
We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persists feel free to contact us. In the meantime, try refreshing.