MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Forum Twitter Facebook Google + RSS

Author Topic: Texture and Flash results  (Read 390 times)

Offline Cyberpi

Texture and Flash results
« on: January 13, 2017, 03:34:32 pm »
This a comment for this page on the website
The most odd rating system I've ever met.
PIXEL has 1/2.3" sensor, Nokia 808 - 1/1.2″, Nokia 1020 - 1/1.5". Now ratings for Texture:
Pixel: 93
808: 84
1020: 88
Is that a kind of a joke???

Flash: Pixel has usual dual led flash and this is a quote from "cons" list: "slight exposure and white balance irregularities are noticeable".
808 has xenon flash! Now let's see the ratings Flash:
PIXEL: 88
808: 81

DXO, could you please explain it?

Offline andruhata

Re: Texture and Flash results
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:39:56 pm »
Absolutely right!

Moreover, they still haven't had tested the Lumia 950, nor have they the 930 (which are 1 and nearly 3 years old respectively). A pretty interesting and quite a suspicious fact, I think: to exclude from the camera competition the brand regarded by most for making the best mobile cameras.

I'm very curious how would the Pixel's dual LED dual tone flash stand, compared to the Lumia 950's triple natural RGB flash. Additionally, given the fact that the Pixel's HDR+ (as described and explained above) is not much different in function than the Lumia's Rich Capture mode (minus the option for after-the-fact HDR and flash adjustments), combined with the Pixel's lack of OIS, Dynamic Flash (part of Rich Capture), and Zeiss optics - it would be highly unlikely for the Pixel's 12.3 MP camera to match (in terms of details resolved, noise lowered, white balance, and exposure) the 20 MP cameras of the above mentioned Lumia phones, particularly the 950's one. Same goes for video recording.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:45:07 am by andruhata »