MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Forum Twitter Facebook Google + RSS

Author Topic: There testing results are inconsistent with any other site  (Read 94 times)

Offline glenzilly

This a comment for this page on the website
There is no way these testing results are done on a representative sample. All other sites I have seen with published resolution data including Lens Rentals, Camera Labs, Imaging Resource, and Photography Life all show that this lens while at certain focal lengths just slightly less sharp in the center than the G version is far sharper across the frame especially at the wider end. DXO marks measurements show this lens being worse at f/4 than even the 24-120 at f/4. There is even a very bizarre result at 24mm where the lens gets quite a bit worse stopped down from f/2.8 to f/4. This does not even seem physically possible. And the arrogance of the employee who responded as if they see no reason to go back and review their results lets me know I cannot trust DXO mark for accurate lens data. If they are using these measurements for their software corrections I know I also cannot trust them for RAW processing.