MOST RELEVANT RESULT(S) FOR :

Forum Twitter Facebook Google + RSS

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 197 times)

Offline sarahterra

Seriously?
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
This a comment for this page on the website
"Ghosting, perhaps caused by multiple captures in a single image, was sometimes visible."

Wow. I can't believe a professional photography review site hired "experts" that do not understand the most basic of photography principles:

A slow shutter speed, combined with motion = blurred image. It is really astonishing. I mean this is like a professional race car driver not knowing how to shift into first gear, and blaming it on the gearbox.

This entire website is quite clearly a sham, adios DXO.

Offline Macready

Re: Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:58:54 pm »
Anyone with any real experience as a photographer would know that the examples given have nothing to do with subject or camera movement for single exposures, as these look entirely different to regular motion blur. Instead we are indeed looking at ghosting from movement between several exposures that are overlapped/stacked.

Adios to you indeed.

Offline nothdsw

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:39:15 pm »
Pretty tough to vet the speculation there... this took me a whopping 20 seconds to locate.  From http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-u11/...

HTC U11 introduces Auto HDR Boost to give you all the benefits of HDR without the lag. HDR Boost offers clearer, more balanced pictures by taking multiple shots that measure the darkest shadows and brightest highlights without any slowdown. HTC U11 enhances textures and colors, increases visible detail and brings out the best in every shot. We use the same technique to improve motion picture quality, Temporal Noise Reduction automatically uses information from the previous and next frames to remove unwanted noise and deliver the clearest video.

Google Pixel does the same thing.  Good try, though.

Offline trwnh

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:34 pm »
Ghosting and blur are not the same thing.